Re: Distributor

At 02:00 AM 8/23/99 -0400, John Lagnese wrote:
>Hi,
>How much trouble is it to change the distributor in a 1.8L 16V. Is it
>any more difficult than the 8V? Also does the spoiler come off the rear
>lid? I just got a parts unit with these better on than on my car.
>Thanks,
>John

Very easy.  There are just two small bolts holding it on.  You'll need to
mark where everything was pointing though(rotor and housing).  Yes, the
spoiler comes off.  The bolts are on the inside of the hatch- I believe
there are 4 or 5 per side.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'86 Volkswagen Scirocco- 8V, stock
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is in/
and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)