Re: Fuba Antenna power antenna wire?

>From: archive@porknet.fdns.net

>Hey,
>
>I was installing a stereo head unit i'd forgotten I had in my
>Scirocco today when I was about to plug in the antenna wire and noticed a
>small black wire running with the antenna wire. I started to think maybe it
>was a power antenna wire
>that I should hook to my head unit.
>
>So, if anyone would care to verify or invalidate my theory, please do so!
>Hopefully it is the signal amplifier turn-on lead and not only will it
>help me out but maybe solve the reception problems other people have been
>having.
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Toby
>
>--
>'87 Flash Silver Metallic Scirocco 16V

The Fuba does have a power wire going to it.
Since my car (84 uGLI) didn't originally come with a fuba,
when I installed it, I ran a wire to my amp, and attached it to the SWITCHED
terminal. This is the terminal that turns the amp on or off. from there, it
goes back to the head to the POWER ANTENNA lead.

I think, if you run a wire from your power antenna lead to the fuba, you
should be ok.

Since Im no radio guru (my cars usually are the *radio delete* model), I
could be totally wrong!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus