RE: [Fwd: MFA]

Disconnect the battery! If that doesn't work then it's time to pull the
cluster & check for shorts/cracked tracks.  There is a company in the UK
which does fixed fee cluster repairs, including the MFA, but I don't know if
there is anyone in the U.S. doing the same.  It would certainly be cheaper
to get it repaired rather than buying a new console.

HTH,
Ewan Hopkins.