Re: Idle Problems

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999 20:41:29 -0700 "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
writes:
>OK, let's clarify here: CIS is the same injection system as on a '78
Rabbit.

Up to at least 88 A1 cars. Might even be up to the last year A1
Cabriolets.

>CIS-E does not necessarily require a knock sensor.

Wrong.

>If there is a frequency valve on the fuel distributor than it is CIS-E.

Wrong.

>If there is an injection brain then it is CIS-E

Wrong.

> if there is an oxygen sensor it is CIS-E.

Wrong.

>All this str.aight from the Bentley FI Bosch service manual

is this a Canada version or something? It's all wrong. Try to have more
accurate info before you start busting my balls dude.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and