Re: headliner replacement

----- Original Message -----
From: Foxx (in a box) <iraldly@otterbein.edu>
To: scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: 18. august 1999 08:39
Subject: headliner replacement

>  i want to replace the headliner in my '86. it was white but the
>  bastard who had it before me smoked

Well it was his car back then, and guess yours is a free country too or
what ?

> be to get into. has anyone else (tried to) replace their headliner?
any
> comments? should i go for the vinyl, napped cotton, or the velour? i

Well i had to put at new headliner in mine as i reassembled it after a
total
stripdown/repaint/rebuild job - In my opinion it was a stinker. Had a
lot of
trouble with stretching the material to a snug fit and with glue etc.
Observe that you will have to get the front windows out as well as the
two back-
side windows. Anyway it can be done if you take your time, but if yours
is  OK  (apart form the nicotine) i would certainly go for a cleaning of
some
sort insted.

Regards Erik - Copenhagen - Denmark

78 -MK1/8V