Re: general list request: need help finding obsolete part

>     hey everyone, how goes it?  i'm in desperate need of an obsolete vw
> part.  i called my local dealer and the guy in the parts department said
> that the part no longer exists (tho it exists in the computer still).  he
> told me to call the different dealerships to see if anyone still has it
> lying in stock (with about 3 inches of dust on it, i'm sure).
>
>     anyways, the part is a plastic seal to cover up the  3 holes in the door
> left by the side-view mirror.  it is for a mk1 jetta/golf/cabby/caddy (i
> need it for a jetta, however).
>
>     the part number is: 171 857 573 B
>
>     the cost of the part is CDN$1.90

  i called yesterday and told the guy what i was looking for. he just
sort of gave me that "uh, you're a dumbass" type voice. pissed me off,
but what can i do over the phone. oh, well. i've checked for you but no
luck. sorry.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://members.tripod.com/~foxx/index.htm