general list request: need help finding obsolete part

    hey everyone, how goes it?  i'm in desperate need of an obsolete vw
part.  i called my local dealer and the guy in the parts department said
that the part no longer exists (tho it exists in the computer still).  he
told me to call the different dealerships to see if anyone still has it
lying in stock (with about 3 inches of dust on it, i'm sure).

    anyways, the part is a plastic seal to cover up the  3 holes in the door
left by the side-view mirror.  it is for a mk1 jetta/golf/cabby/caddy (i
need it for a jetta, however).

    the part number is: 171 857 573 B

    the cost of the part is CDN$1.90

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me locate a couple of these things.  if you
get a chance, just call your dealer and ask if they have the part in stock.

    if they do, i will tell my dealership and they can have it sent up, or i
will send you the cash and ask you really nicely to send it up my way.  i'm
in toronto, in case you were curious.

    thanks.

jason
the mad bastard