Fw: Rev Limiter

-----Original Message-----
From: Riley McDowall <roog@home.com>
To: dcewing1 <dcewing1@cwix.com>
Cc: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Monday, August 16, 1999 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: Rev Limiter

>At 3:03 pm -0700 16/8/99, dcewing1 wrote:
>>     When I first joined the list there was a thread finishing up on how
>>to  disable the rev limiter.  >I have a 1.8L 16v now and I've never had
>>the V/C  off so I don't know if there are cams for sure, >but I was told
>>there probably  was some type of performance cam installed and it also
>>runs >like it has a  cam.  I am also upgrading to a 2.0L with ported and
>>polished head, intakes,  TB, >portmatched intakes, exhaust, Cams, etc and
>>would like to know how to  disable the rev >limiter.  The 1.8L set up I
>>have now seems to sag off at  around 6500rpm and up to that point >seems
>>like it wants to run stronger at  higher RPM!  Please let me know!   Dave
>
>I'm kinda curious about this myself... I know you can replace the fuel pump
>relay with a jumper wire and get rid of the fuel cutoff, but even after
>doing that my car refused to rev past about 7400.  It hits 7400 and just
>shuts down, much like in some other rev limited cars I've driven.  After
>talking to my local VW-speed-addict-mechanic, I found out that somethign in
>the ignition just isn't capable of working at those rpms.  It's gotta be a
>CIS-E thing though - my GF's car runs motronic with the european CIS fuel
>injection bits and it spins up to 8 grand no problem.  Possible fixes?  I
>think you gotta either go the Motronic route or else get an earlier Polo
>distributor, which apparently will work fine at 8krpm.  We'll see...
>

>--

Unfortuneatly, unless I am wrong, I don't believe the polo distributor will
work in a 16v though.  If I remember correctly, the tail end of the thread
that I saw said something about just clipping one wire??  Am I wrong?  Help
would be greatly appreciated!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 1.8L 16v
Soon to be a 2.0L 180hp!