Re: cracked Kamei

In a message dated 08/16/1999 3:07:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mk1scirocco@yahoo.com writes:

> So it happened. I smacked a really small curb yesterday and it split my
Kamei
> front air dam on the side. Split the whole side. :0. I guess it had to
happen some
> day. Should have put in those plastic screws in for the side.
>
>  I plan to get a back up one but my question is can I glue this back
together?
> What type of glue works well on ABS plastic or is there some other way to
repair
>  it?

My friend repaired his motorcycle farings(ABS) with baking soda and crazy
glue.  The parts must fit perfectly.  With the parts held together, form a
bead of baking soda on the crack line.  Start dripping the crazy glue onto
the baking soda until saturated.  Continue down the crack until all the
baking soda is saturated.  Let dry.  The bead will become rock hard when
cured.  This is what he told me.  I have never had an opportunity to try it
yet.  Speaking from experience, I do know that straight glue(ABS glue or
crazy glue) doesn't have enough strength by itself to last very long, if at
all.

Good Luck.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco