RE: Powdercoating wheels

> I wanna powdercoat my TSW Hock Rs, but people say I can't because they are
> aluminum and some people say that it's no big deal? So will I be able to
> get them powdercoated? Anyone got any experience with this? Thanks.

In general, powdering coating aluminum is no problem. At work we have
aluminum (and steel) enclosures of all sizes powdercoated on a weekly basis.
The biggest concern is that the powdercoater properly cleans the item for
proper adhesion.

The only concern I could possibly see is if the wheels are specially heat
treated, and the heat for powder coating could adversely affect the wheel
strength.

Who are these "people" that "say"?   Have you talked with a reputable powder
coater?  Talk to the experts who do the work, no John Doe on the street, or
the list.

Now if I get lucky, we'll get our own powdercoat line in the next year.  I
*will* get out from behind my desk and learn to run it... <sigh>

Greg :)
DriversFound.com