RE: My corroded terminals need help!

That goop is most likely dialectric (sp?) grease.  It's main purpose to
provide continuity and prevent corrosion. It's like a silicone that never
hardens.  IMHO, using a water based mixture on electrical connections is
probably *not* a good idea.  Use an aerosol electrical contact cleaner
found at any automotive parts store.

Brooke Fairbanks
Savage, MN
87 Scirocco 16V