RE: hmmm

Depends...   ...TT downpipe? Whose header?  Are you running w/ or w/o a
cat?  Do you live in a northern climate?

On my 16V, I installed TT's "racing only" downpipe.  Darrel did not want to
sell me his 4 into 1 header for the street because it just wouldn't last
very long here in Minnesota.  The header makes more power but not a lot
more...   ...in combo with the full TT exhaust, this has been an
outstanding bang for the buck modification.  It delivered noticeable "seat
of the pants" torque.  In an 84 Rabbit GTI I had, I installed Autotech's
header with the swivel collector, no cat and it proved to be troublesome...
 ...the flange gaskets kept shitting out and would leak, a major PITA.

Just my opinions...  ...I'm sure there are others.

Brooke Fairbanks
Savage, MN
87 Scirocco 16V
87 GTI 8V