Re: motor mounts

haha have fun:)  Actually its not an easy task.  The rear bolt will just
barely slip out if you wiggle it around and angle it upward so it has just
enough room to slip out.  I think it also helps to jack the engine up as
you can get it.  The front one is ten times harder to get out.  There is
no way to slip this thing out easily.  I found that i had to remove the
front mount bolts that go into the frame so that i could tilt the engine
downward.  I also had to trim some of the sheet metal on the inner fender
well once i had the engine as low as it would go.  Its not much fun going
at the roc with sheet metal shears but it worked.  With alot of cursing i
finally got it to come out.  There must be a better way to get the front
one out but i couldnt think of it.  BUt it is much easier to install
because you can put the front bolt in the opposite way it came out and it
is much, much easier to do it that way.  I didnt have much trouble getting
the rear bolt in either.  The bolt that goes through the center of the
mount is a little tricky but once you get the engine in the right spot
it's no problem.

Eric Person
86.5 16v