Re: O2 sensor?

--- JLuk77@aol.com wrote:
> I just got a new downpipe/cat from Tuning, and while
> I am at it I want to
> replace the O2 sensor, I have E-mailed Mark from
> Adirondike parts but in the
> mean while I got to thinking, I seem to remember a
> thread a while back about
> O2 sensors, and that someone mentioned you could use
> some Ford (yuck) one and
> spice the wires.  The only reason I am even
> considering this is for time
> concerns, and saving$.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> TIA Josh Lukasik
> =====================
There is a generic Bosch unit (don't have the part no. with me) that
you can use. It's $35-$45, and Adirondack or Potterman can supply it.

The only difference is that it comes without the wriring plug - you
must splice the wires into your existing wiring (no big deal).

I have one from Adirondack on my Golf GT and it works great.

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM