Re: cam gear

>didn't you say a while back that it needed modification to get to work
>right or am i still sleeping this early in the morning
>
>Tony
>
> > I am pretty sure that the Kent gears sold through
> > Eurosport are very
> > similar to the Piper ones you mention.  I have a
> > Kent gear on my 16v,
> > and it's lighter then the stock gear.  Most of the
> > adjustable gears are
> > made from stock gears, they're cut, and a solid
> > plate is attached to the
> > front.  Several indexing holes are put in for
> > positive location of
> > degree advance/retard.  Anyway, the Kent gear I have
> > looks like a pair of
> > milled aluminum pieces, held together with 8 hex
> > screws.  I like it.
> >
> > There's a picture of it on scirocco.org, under the
> > Cinci cruise list
> > section...the one of my fresh engine.
> >

> > ==Brett

No, no modification necessary...however I either lost the
woodruff key (likely) or it wasn't it the box (less likely because
Mike P. said he thought he saw it in there, I probably tossed it
with the huge box that all the parts came in).  So I ended up
machining myself a new one from other woodruff key stock.  I
got one of the correct thickness, and just cut it down to fit.
Works fine.

==Brett