Re: cam gear

>>Nigel Heron wrote:
>> > who makes the best adjustable cam gear for an 8v? I don't want one based
>> > on the stock gear, i want it as light as possible. How much do they
>> > cost?
>
>Dunno about cost, but the older Piper Cams ones from the UK were
>ULTRA-light.  the 16v ones were billet and some weird-ass composite.
>The 8v ones were 2 piece billet jobbies.  VERY light.  Of course I think
>they stopped making both adjustable ones, and only have normal
>but lightened models left.  Check with Demon Tweeks or someone like
>German & Sweedish.
>
>Ed

I am pretty sure that the Kent gears sold through Eurosport are very
similar to the Piper ones you mention.  I have a Kent gear on my 16v,
and it's lighter then the stock gear.  Most of the adjustable gears are
made from stock gears, they're cut, and a solid plate is attached to the
front.  Several indexing holes are put in for positive location of
degree advance/retard.  Anyway, the Kent gear I have looks like a pair of
milled aluminum pieces, held together with 8 hex screws.  I like it.

There's a picture of it on scirocco.org, under the Cinci cruise list
section...the one of my fresh engine.

==Brett