RE: HELP! dunno what clutch to put in???

1600/1800 clutch is the same.  My wife's car with a DS engine & MKI golf box
(i.e. same as scirocco) has got a standard 190mm clutch.  Assuming your
engine came out of a Passat or audi the gearbox would have been changed as
they have longitudinally arranged engines so the box is completely
different.  Your car should either have its original box or one out of an A1
chassis, i.e. Golf I & derivatives.
I think you'd be pretty safe to assume that you just put in a standard 190mm
clutch.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins.