Run off the road stories

Hell, my friend and I had some luser in a Rav4 pull a gun on us in the middle of
a 4 lane highway at 2:00 in the afternoon on a Saturday this past January.
Apparently I was only going 5 MPH over the speed limit and this was not good
enough. So he not only pulled a gun out, but he rolled down his window, and
stuck his entire arm out the window waving it at me and my friend. All of this
in slow traffic in the middle of the afternoon for all to see. Ahhh,
Feasterville in the Jetta, what memories.

I had the quick thinking to pull out into oncoming traffic, nail the gas and fly
up the wrong side of the street and flagged down a cop that was a 1/4 mile away.
The almost funny part was once the fuzz pulled over the Rav4 the guy got out out
the Rav4 and approached the cop in a 'what the fuck' kind of way. Why almost
funny? Because the cop came damn close to caping his ass right there and then.
If he did give him lead poisoning, which he did not, that would have been funny.
But unfortunately the guy dropped to the ground as per the cop's orders.

Turns out the dood had big time bucks and came to court with multiple lawyers,
he pled down and only got probation. Fucker! Now if I did that I just know that
I would be bubba's girlfriend for at least a year.

> Brings back memories of being in N. Conway, NH, maybe 10 years ago, in my
> '84 roc.  At a stop light (I was waiting to turn left) with my old GF in
> the car, a carload of kids pulled up behind beeping and yelling for me to
> run the red.  When it went green I started to go, but they cut me off on
> the inside and went left, yelling and throwing beer cans as they went by.
> 5 seconds later blue lights went on behind me, and we laughed thinking they
> were bagged...then he pulled ME over for the driver's side tail-light being
> out.  They carload of drunk kids was not even out of sight yet.
> I was stunned, not only cause he pulled me and not them, but because I had
> just FIXED the stupid tail-light.  I got out and tapped it and it came on,
> but he not only still gave me a ticket, he ran my license and tried to
> arrest me for a speeding ticket I got in 1980.  He only let me go when the
> GF cried and cried that she couldn't drive the stick home and he couldn't
> take me away, etc.
> So the moral of the story is...actually I don't know what the moral of the
> story is.  Use better electrical tape?

> >i had a simlar run in like this a couple weeks ago and finally lost all trust
> >in the asheville police dept. being in the mountains of western nc, we have
> >or fair share of hillbillies and goat fuckers. but anyway me and two other
> >scirocco guy were going home when some asshole almost hit the white 16v and
> >kept antagonizing us. so we left him in out dust only to be caught by a
> >redlight and 30 seconds later i was almost rearended aat 40mph+(been there
> >done that in my first rocc). but anyway gouing throught downtown i purposly
> >ran a stoplight with a police cruiser waiting to cross the intersection. tha
> >dumb ass redneck followed me. with great surprise no blue lights. but wait
> >there is another cruiser in front of me at the next light i start flashing my
> >lights and blowing the horn, the stupid cop looks at me like i'm crazy,then
> >just takes off through the light. then another cruiser comes along and i
> >blocked the intersection and told him whatwas going on(this was in a time
> >period of about 30 sec) meanwhile the redneck realizes what's going on and
> >tries to evad the cruiser by driving on a sidewalk. but after all that work
> >to get police assistance it kinda wasn't worth getting to follow the cop
> >through down town at 80mph. oh well.

-Marc

'74 VW Thing - http://getty.net/thing/ FORSALE in Philly!
'81 Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 178,000 miles
'84 Jetta GLi SLC with only 164,000 miles
'87 Scirocco 16V with 164,000 Miles, just got it on 7/2/99