I was run off the road last night, but at least I may get my mk1 today

last night in Laurel MD, on right after rt.32 exit I was run off the
road onto the center divider by some hick in a ford pickup truck.
We were sitting in traffic, and some kids in the bed of his truck
starting throwing stuff at my car. I stuck my head out the window and
screamed at them to stop. The driver took it upon himself to start
forcing me onto the center divider, I tried breaking so he would just
fly in front of me but he did not. My drivers side wheel went up the
divider, off the other side for a second, my right front wheel caught
traction and I took off. But not before my alignment was completely
trashed. The wheel sits about 10 degrees off, and whenever I give it
more than half pedal it pulls so violently that it throws you into
another lane. The wheel rubs in the wheel well now, and I can only hope
my koni's are not trashed. Unfortunately I did not get the license plate
# but it is a pretty identifiable vehicle and I am often in that area so
if I see it, well............. you know............. anyways, on a good
note I am going to look at a mk1 today, is there any common problems I
should like for besides rust, and rust under on the axle beam mounts?
Thanks,
	Gary Huff

P.S. The truck was an early 90's ford ranger, black with side graphics
and graphics on the back that said stx, it looked factory so I believe
it may be a model, and it had a shitty plywood handmade cab put on it.