mono wiper --change park postion cheap

All right everyone that is interested in this.  I sat down and gave it some
thought.  For those of you that know me -- scary.  This idea I came up with
doesn't involve tearing the wiper motor apart or screwing with the linkage.
Just cut one electrical wire.

I purchased a small push button switch from Napa.  Part number PP5001.  I got
the yellow one.  Any way I installed it to the left of the steering column
behind the removable plastic piece.  I installed it so the piece can be put
back on.

Coming out of the wiper switch, just below the ignition key, is a black wire
with a white stripe.  I spliced it in to the switch.  I just shut off power
to the motor when it gets close to the middle of the window and viola.

Now for the only catch.  IF the wiper is in the off position or intermittent
position when the car is started the wiper resets to the start (off)
position.  Just push the button and back to the center of the windshield.
Minor as far as I'm concerned.  I just leave the switch on the low position
and it work like a champ.

I didn't screw with the linkage, or the motor and it cost only $4.00.  I'm
very pleased.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Dave
85 Scirocco GTX