RE: Drilled and slotted disk Q thanks

> I would like to add that it is my
>understanding that they would only prove beneficial if there is a good
>airflow to the rotors, maybe using a wheel that would provide this.

I would say exactly the opposite.  No matter how little airflow there is,
you are bound to get some benefit from grooving/drilling, due to the gas
buildup under the pad being vented through the grooves/holes.  In the same
way, you are bound to get some benefit from additional cooling, although the
actual benefit would be more dependant on your driving style/type of terrain
you drive on.
I would guess that you would generally get significantly more benefit all
round upgrading your discs rather than improving cooling.  If you do much
racing/hill driving then that obviously alters the equation.

I certainly noticed a worthwhile difference between stock & grooved discs,
on an 8v scirocco, with no additional cooling for the brakes, although some
of that difference may be down to the formulation of the steel used. And
that was generally normal commuting.

That's my 2c worth,

Ewan Hopkins.