Re: Performance Cooling Questions

--- T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Chris Chemidlin wrote:
> >
> > FWIW,..."Our Scirocco style radiator has the
> performance you need
> > blah, blah, blah."  They also have a trick 2 fan
> setup for it, but its well
> > over $100!  Im sure there's a better (cheaper) way
> to go about putting 2
> > electric fans on it.
> > CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
>
> How's about replacing the single speed fans with one
> from the A/C
> equipped cars? One winding in the motor runs the fan
> a the slow speed
> and both windings energized create High speed. Hmmm,
> how to activate the
> second winding? Manual switch? Second thermostat
> some were?  Add the
> afore mentioned relay so as to avoid burning a
> second thermo out. Dr.
> FrankenBerk's coming Ooouuttt.
FrankenBerk, you are on the rampage! Shite, if you have the system
properly set up, you won't need all this overkill.

another wacky thought from the mind of a minimalist . .

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM