Re: mono wiper

--- Feenix <feenix@javanet.com> wrote:
> Benjamin Harder wrote:
> >
> > Hey Everyone,
> >    I know that this subject has come up before,
> but I can't remember
> > the solution....I just got my hands on the wiper
> linkage from an '82
> > rocco!  I have just finished swaping this into my
> '86 16v with no
> > real problems   : )
> >    So, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how
> to make the
> > wiper "park" itself in the middle of the
> widshield.  Can this be
> > done without bending or modifying the linkage
> itself?
> > TIA!
> >

> I have been fucking with mine to no end. I have come
> to the conclusion
> that there is no way to do it without serious
> modifications. To have it
> park in the middle and wipe the whole windshield
> everything has to be
> changed around. Not really the linkage but the way
> the motor operates. I
> gave up.
>
> Feenix
> 80 1.8
================
The only "easy" way that I can think of is to put an "on/off" switch in
the power lead to the motor, and manually turn if off in the desired
position.

Now that we have the front wiper in the middle of the windshield, all
that remains is to figure out a way to make the rear wiper "lie flat" .
. . .

===
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM