Re: Drilled and slotted disk Q

> Scott F. Williams wrote :
> Yeah, but that is only if your brakes are fading in the first place. On the
> street where intense brake fade is rare -particularly with the next size up stock
> brakes fitted -a very easy and practical modification -that reduction in swept
> area has got to hurt you. Therefore for the majority of us, drilled rotors cause
> a reduction in braking performance. They look really groovey but I'd rather go
> with the slotted-variety if not stock copies. They don't crack nearly as often
> and are cheaper, too.

Well I have to agree with Scott.  For everyday use I would just go with
Slotted.  Even
in very spirited driving my slotted rotors (with rear drums) would never
fade.  I will
have to admit some of that is because of the Ferrodo street pads I have,
but the rotors
seem to really and I stress really help.  Plus they do look cool,
everyone that has seen
them thinks so anyways.  Got them from Mark Christianson from EM.  There
is a link for his sight on the org.  Plus they were an excellent price.
9.4" BTW  And Mark is an excellent guy to deal with.

Jody Bailey
82 Scirocco 8v (who's brakes have never shown signs of fading)