Re: A1 -> A2 Axle/CV/steering knuckle question

>I also realized the outer CV's could be popped right off the axle with a
>swift knock.
>
>Here's the question:
>
>Could I flip flop outer CV joints between these A1 and A2 axles? i.e., will
>the splines match?

You should be able too.  Try it.  I personally had a A2 GTI which had
mismatched CV joints on an axle shaft-PO must have been too cheep to do it
right.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(Mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V.  The engine is out/
 and all electrical is pretty much done.
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)