From: PR Brundell [mailto:prb@psychology.nottingham.ac.uk]
Sent: 06 August 1999 11:10
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: engine mounts, clutch,

There's been a few threads about engine mounts. Is replacing them a
reasonably easy job to do without ramps etc? I've just been told at least
two hours by a garage, so I'll do it if possible. They look fine but I get
an annoying squeaking every time I change gear or kick the accelerator and
the engine moves around like hell.

Also, a while ago there was talk about the free play needed on the clutch
release mechanism. I've put in a new cable but the biting point is very
low. If I raise it (less effort on the leg!!) then the free play on the
release lever is only 1-3 mm. What can I get away with or is there another
way of doing this. Maybe it's something I just have to get used to.

As someone else said, sorry to be only asking not answering questions.
Maybe in a few months/years! I'll know what I'm doing.

BTW if I find a scrolling application for the VAG cd I'll pass it on.

cheers, Guys,

SPat 8V '87 Paprika Scala