RE: Radiator Hose Question

norm, if you lost tons of fluid then you'll have to put the 50/50 mix
(coolant/water) from two places. one from the upper hose (that broke) and
put it directly into the radiator and the other direction "into the
engine". you'll also want to add some to the expansion tank.

what happened when my coolant system ran dry, even when i replaced the
coolant via the expansion tank, the temp went way up! this is becuase there
was too much air in the system, little to no coolant in the engine or
raidator. so while the expansion tank was full, the rest of th esystem was
not.

again, just put the coolant from the top hose where it connects the engine
and radiator and you'll be fine (hopefully)
remember to top it off over the course of the next few days...

later
dave