Re: starter difficulties

--- the mad bastard <the-mad-bastard@home.com> wrote:

>     hey people.  my 16V rocco starter is not starting.
> it has been giving
> me trouble for quite some time now, like it's becoming
> more and more
> difficult for the starter itself to actually start the
> car (i.e. it sounds
> like it's ready to die)

Sounds like the starter is quite possibly dead.  I just
replaced the one on my '85 last week - it was behaving as
if it wasn't getting enough "juice" to turn over, and when
it did it would get slower and slower...   New starter
(well, used off my parts car) and all is well.

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry