Re: Quattro Scirocco!??

I saw it... at last year's Mt. Washington Hillclimb. I'm glad to hear it
came in just behind Frank Sprongl. At Mt. Washington it came in like 6th,
I think. At the time, it had an Audi 5000T motor in it, so it was
probably putting out around 250-300bhp. The guy chopped the bottom
completely out of the Scirocco, welded in a new floorpan, welded in an
Audi 4000Q rear subframe, some front subframe, I dunno what... He had to
chop out the firewall for the 5-cyl to fit properly. It was quite well
done, though. Beautiful fabrication, really, although it looked a little
strange when I saw it. It was a silver '83, I think. It had a single,
straight, 4" pipe coming back through the firewall, through where the
passenger's seat would have been, and out the rear glass. Watching it
accelerate was scary - it was the fastest car in a straight line at Mt.
Washington. Evidently he built it specifically to beat the record at Mt.
Washington. Unfortunately, he failed, but maybe he'll get it next year.
	Later!
	-Josiah