Passat

  I know this is off the subject of Scirocco's but i know some of you
guys have experience with Passats....anyway, i test drove a 93 Passat
GLS automatic with the VR6 DOHC and  when pulling away from a light I
was always the last one to go. the engine would rev up fine but the car
just didn't have any zip from a dead stop (felt like my brothers
Hyundai)     it had plenty of power picking up speed once it was going,
getting on the freeway was no problem but i noticed the tach was almost
to 5 at 80mph.  is this normal for a Passat???  btw it only has 74,000
miles