my $160 Scirocco project continues....

hello listers,

some weeks ago I was happy enough to
have got myself an old '84 early style GTX with a
good DX engine ( 112 PS ) under the hood
for the moderate price of 300DM ( US$160 ).

now some updates on this :
- some minor things fixed
- car stereo installed :-)
- Supersprint exhaust installed
- striped taillights installed
- MOMO 16" five star wheels installed
- GTX sideskirts REMOVED

planned :
next week : K.A.W. springs & Bonrath Domlager.
still looking for possible pressure-leak in fuel line.
I have to somehow get my new wheels street legal here...

updated pictures ( together with the previous ones )
can be found on my page :
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/gtx.htm
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/gtxrim3.jpg
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/gtxrim5.jpg

I had to remove the GTX sideskirts, they were
scratching the 16" wheels.
anybody wants them ?
( used but in good condition, however, they need a repaint )

my friend Mark Peele from the list gave me some pictures from his
girlfriends' Mk1 and from his Mk2.
In addition he wrote a Mk2 history for you !
you can look at it :
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/mark.htm
Thanks Mark !

Doug Teulies page will be updated too soon.
you can already look at his nice red Mk1.
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO2/doug.htm

thanks for looking
Greetings
Dirk
montego-black '83 53b GTX 1.8l  carbed - no more cat
montego-black '84 53b GTX 1.8l  inj.
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/index2.htm