Re: '86 8v Enging Upgrade - Suggestions?

It's been discussed many times, and the way I would go if I was in your
place would be the following:
2.0L 8v block from an Audi 80					(maybe $200-$300)
Your current head (assuming you have the 1.8L JH motor)		($free)
G-grind cam							($100)
ported and polished head and intake, including portmatching the intake to
the next item on this list	($dunno)
Golf/Jetta throttle body										($20)
header or dual outlet manifold/downpipe								($200 max)
good 2.25" exhaust										$200)

You should be able to get somewhere around 140bhp with this, and it's not
very expensive. Best of all, you don't have to change any wiring stuff at
all, unless you go with knock sensor ignition, which is minor compared to
switching to the 16v engine bay wiring harness.
	Just my $.02,
	-Josiah
	PS You should keep in mind that a stock 2.0L 16v has about 132bhp.