Mystery Relay slot WAS: Re: Misc Questions

Shawn C Meze wrote:
>(Toby Reed) writes:
>>6. Under the hood there is a metal-cased factory relay just in front of
>>the battery fastened with a special bracket and two screws. Anyone else
>>have one of these? What's it for?
>

>I think we ALL have one of these. :)
>I dunno what its for right off the top of my head. Im sure its something
>important.

I thought I traced the wiring and figured that it was a headlight relay.
It only went to the high beams though and so I never bothered to put one
in there (yup, mine's empty). I have since relayed all my lights up, so
have no need for it.

Of course, I could be wrong. In this case I hope it's not important,
cause then I've been missing something vital for a loooong time. :-) Oh
well, someone'll let me know.

Jonas
85 Scirocco