'81 16v Conversion almost done!

Ok, by tomorrow I will be ready to turn the key and pray it will start.

If it doesn't, I'll cry, and then ask all of you why!

I've already run into a little snag... I lost 2nd gear. I'm using the same
tranny from the '89 GLI 16v the engine came from. PLEASE tell me the gear
placement is the same on that and my stock '81 tranny! I'd rather not go
back and have to use the Scirocco's tranny after getting this far. I can get
to every gear except second, and the shift rod springs hard to the left
instead of resting in the center. Ugh. Help.

Also, I realized the inner CV flanges are different sizes! Yay! I think I'm
going to machine down the Jetta's axles for use in the Scirocco's steering
knuckles. If I cant, then I'll machine down the knuckle to fit the axle.

Crossing my fingers tomorrow morning..hoping she'll start.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v