8v vs. 16v springs

Since I am considering getting a new scirocco and it may be a 16v, I want to know if the H&Rs I recently got for my 8v will work on a 16v.  I am pretty sure the struts are the saem so I don't see why they wouldn't fit, but are they rated differently?  In other words, is there a difference b/w aftermarket springs for the 8v vs the 16v??  I know the stock 16v springs are stiffer than 8v springs but waddabout aftermarket?

Thanks,

Victor

Anyone have a clean 1982-1984 8v they want to sell??  I love my 8v and am not resigned to the 16v, its just that the ones I have seen are in a lot better condition than the 8vs.