Re: fiberglass undercarriage cover

Actually, I have found the idea to be rather interesting before. I recall that
when I first picked up a copy of VW & Porsche magazine back in the late
eighties, there was a piece like this offered for sale for the "new" A2 Golf
GTi. Apparently, it didn't sell very well because I only saw it in a couple of
issues.

My question is, however, will it actually make a dicernible difference -in
fuel economy, wind noise, or high-speed stability? Whatever... it looks
phat...But then, there is the area around the spare tire well back to the rear
apron. This area would be just as "dirty" from an aerodynamic point of view,
right?

T Berk wrote:

> I threw the idea of fabricating one of these from scratch awhile back,
> interest from the world at large ran from doubtful to nonexistent, for
> the most part.

(snip)
--
Scott F. Williams