Airbox mods

Hey guys,

Two quick questions:

1- I installed a K&N in my rocco 16v this weekend and drilled 30 holes in
the airbox (not on the engine side).  What a sound!!!  Anyways I think I
actually lost power.  Would it be because there is more air than gas
getting in?  I tried ajusting the mixture but it's still not very good...
Any ideas?

2- On my Jetta GTX (Sorry - non rocco -), i'm planning on installing
swaybars.  Is this hard to install?  Someone told me that they came with
polyerathane bushings and you need a "press" to insert it in the control
arms.  Is this true?  Will this help the cars's handling in curves?  (the
suspension kinda sucks when i'm going fast in curves, and I got new
neuspeed springs / boge progas shocks)

Thanks folks!

Frank
87 Rocco 16v 1.8L