Re: diesel turbo's on 8v's

JLuk77@aol.com wrote:

> I know of some one who want's to know how hard it is to put a diesel turbo on
> an 8v gti engine i am not sure of the year or any thing but i have hear
> rumors of this being done is there any truth to this?  If anyone has any info
> that might help this guy I'd like to introduce the 2 of you.
> Thanks,
> Josh Lukasik
> black 88 16v 2.0

tell your friend to get the Feb 96 issue of European Car. There's a golf with a
turbo diesel's manifold and turbo installed by Velocity. In the article it says
that they used a g60 oil line to supply the turbo and an o.e. diesel oil pan for
the return. They had to use a crossflow head because the exhaust manifold
wouldn't fit next to the regular 1.8 8v intake. They used bigger injectors and
aftermarket electronics. At 12 psi they claim 245 hp @ 2800 rpm.

Nigel Heron
86 Scirocco
85 Scirocco