SV: What's Done First?

Change motor first, especially if you r changing motor. You
might have to fabricate some fixing point for fuel injektion
etc, if you paint after it will look neat.

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker

----------
> Från: Sal Guzzo <yu129742@YorkU.CA>
> Till: VWofT@onelist.com
> Kopia: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Ämne: What's Done First?
> Datum:  den 26 april 1999 09:11
>
> It's alive!!!!!!!!!
>
> Well, not as of yet, but I hope to have my 81 Scirocco back on
the road in
> a couple of months.  I dropped the motor last year (one year
ago to be
> exact), with the hopes of swapping a new motor into it.
However, I was
> sidetracked by my 84 carbed Rabbit which I swapped for a 83 FI
motor.

> At any rate, my current dilemma (which pertains to my
immortally beloved
> Scirocco) concerns whether I should paint it first or do I do
the 16V swap
> prior to the paint job.  Personally, I was thinking of having
the ole rocco
> painted and then swap the motor in.  Presently, the car is the
ugly
> copper/brown/gold colour which will be changed (any
suggestions- no lime
> green colours cuz the interior is brown - unless someone has a
black dash
> for me).  I want the engine bay painted as well.  Gotta get
rid of all the
> old colour.  So what do I do....engine first or paint it
first.  Thanks for