Re: 1.8T (turbo Mount)

From:          "Jamie" <JJSpurlock@worldnet.att.net>
To:            <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
Subject:       1.8T (turbo Mount)
Date:          Sat, 24 Apr 1999 01:44:10 -0500

Hi Jamie.
I can give you a small amount of info.  My friend works at the dealer
and has been checking them out as they come in.  1 problem is the way
that the turbo is directed it would be right where your master cyl
is.  at least on the audi ones... another issue is the cat that is
right after that turbo.  this would have to be moved.  Vw may fix
this when the 1.8 turbo is put in golfs in the us...
hope this helps a small bit
Tony
I wish i had a turbo rocco

Does anybody have any good links to any pics where I could see where the Tubo mounts on the 1.8 T?  If not does anyone have anything to say about a 1.8T engine swap into a Mark 1?