Fuel pump seized? And guess what car I'm driving now?

OK guess this original post didn't get through, since I got no replies
and I don't think I saw it come back to me....
    My '84 GTI's main fuel pump died yesterday (the fuel pump is dead,
long live the fuel pump... oh wait, I don't have a new one yet). It died
suddenly, no warning whatsoever. I lent the car to my bro. He drove it
to Henniker (a neighboring town in NH). It was fine. He went out to
start it. Nothing. There was no loudness, no whining, no buzzing, no
warning whatsoever. This fuel pump is BRAND NEW. I replaced it with a
brand new Bosch unit at the last AutoX event of the year last year. So
now when you apply power to it, it just jerks a little and does nothing
else. Like it has a grit of sand or something stuck in it. I took it
out, banged it around a little, blew through it, nothing. I dunno. I'm
pissed. I think I'll write Bosch or something, like that would do any
good. Any ideas, anyone? Could low system voltage kill a pump? My
voltage regulator is REALLY dying... I have like 10.5V when my lights
are on and the stereo is going. And don't tell me to do all the
grounding crap, I already did it... with 4guage strapping : )
    So a certain unnamed nice person lent me their car to use for
awhile... guess what it is? A 1994 PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM!! AHHH... (laugh) I
can't believe that any self-respecting car company could put their name
on such a piece of crap. Whoever designed it achieved the awesome feat
of getting a ride that makes you feel every bump, makes the car skip
sideways on every bump, and yet is floaty and soft, and also completely
devoid of steering feel. Huh. Awesome. Oh yeah it's the 4-cyl na
automatic. Wonderful. But hey, it gets me from point A to point B and
that's a the point of a car, right? And it's a nice color. Heh. And it
smells like rotten beer. There's something wrong when a 5 year old car
lists for $3000.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share my remorse with you all. I miss my
GTI.
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI (dead fuel pump)
    '87 QSW (dead rear calipers)