What's Done First?

It's alive!!!!!!!!!

Well, not as of yet, but I hope to have my 81 Scirocco back on the road in
a couple of months.  I dropped the motor last year (one year ago to be
exact), with the hopes of swapping a new motor into it.  However, I was
sidetracked by my 84 carbed Rabbit which I swapped for a 83 FI motor.

At any rate, my current dilemma (which pertains to my immortally beloved
Scirocco) concerns whether I should paint it first or do I do the 16V swap
prior to the paint job.  Personally, I was thinking of having the ole rocco
painted and then swap the motor in.  Presently, the car is the ugly
copper/brown/gold colour which will be changed (any suggestions- no lime
green colours cuz the interior is brown - unless someone has a black dash
for me).  I want the engine bay painted as well.  Gotta get rid of all the
old colour.  So what do I do....engine first or paint it first.  Thanks for
assisting......

Sal