Re: [TECH][Hall Sensor thingy]

Tyler Zachau wrote:

> In the process of replacing that damn coolant hose, I managed to break my
> hall sender connector. It's located on the distributor and I broke a clip
> that holds it onto the dist. VW appears to not make this part anymore. What
> are my options here? Get a new dist... mabye a Euro Curve one or find a
> used dist, or find a hall sender connector and replace it(delicate
> soldering involved here)? Anyone running one of those Euro Curve ones? TIA!
> Tyler

After finally diagnosing my own brittle Hall wires I tried to resolder
them. I found it still didn't work, prob due to poor signal strength.

During my travels I found someone selling just the Hall sender, Real
Bosch (I'll call it a 'rebuild kit") that would replace the pickup and
outer socket, for about $50 new.

I came across a used dist in the pick a part yard for $35, so I've been
running that instead.

hth,
TBerk