Re: quick wheel question

In My Humble opinion, 16" wheels are too big for a 'roc. Mostly because
you can't really buy a tire in the stock diameter, so your speedo will
be off, and depending on the setup of your car, you can get rubbing
problems. Also, 16" tires are way more expensive than 15" ones, and if
you live in an area where you have to deal with potholes and/or dirt
roads, then you'll want no bigger than 15" wheels, in my opinion. 15x7's
with 195/50ZR15's should be all you'll ever need, and there is a
plethora of choices or different tires in that size, everywhere from $65
each to $200 each.
    I've got this setup on my GTI (well, the tires in the back are too
big, but that is going to be fixed SOON)
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI
    '87 QSW
    http://bork.hampshire.edu