RE: HOR's suck!!! and you pay for it)->Was "don't suck"

Don't do the Spax!!

This has gone 'round on the list a few times, and a number of complaints
have been made about Spax, especially about the shocks, but I've heard a few
bad things about the springs, too. I just met a guy last week who has a '98
GTI that had Spax shocks and springs. He already replaced the shocks 'cause
they were so bad (remember, the whole car is only a year old!). He wants to
replace the springs, too.

A lot of people that I've talked to (Including Mike Potter and the local
watercooled club here in Minneapolis) seem to prefer Neuspeed or H&R. There
are probably other good brands out there, but I just ordered a set of H&Rs
from the Potterman.

Anyone have experience with Eibach? A local Firestone dealer recommended
them with Koni shocks. I know that some of their racing application stuff is
real good, but haven't heard anything from street VW people like most of
us...

Neal