Re: [Mk1] Won't start...Vaccum problem?

>My car has never ran better since I pulled out all the vaccuum tubes
>except for my interior climate controls, & the advance/retard lines
on
>the distributor.  I took out my AC so I didnt need those lines any
more,
>with vaccuum distributor and all.  I also unhooked the EGR crap.  No
>real problems any more.  I also replaced the O-rings for the
injectors.

Do you suggest I pull mine out? I'd rather not, as I don't fully
understand thier purpose yet.

Shit.. this is getting frustrating... car won't start because of some
mysterious problem with little tiny vaccum lines.

I tried starting her this morning, and not even a hint of wanting to
start.

So far, I've replaced: Coil, ICU, rotor cap and wires are new. That
was before I realized it had something to do with the vaccum system.

About this "Two-way valve" which apparently only exists on '81 and
later with A/C...Should I replace this or bypass it? It's located
right under the coil and has a vaccum in and out, and a couple
electrical connection.

AGHHH! This is getting really annoying real fast.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco (down for the count)