16V distributor

Thanks to the efforts of our good friend and comical genius Shannon Fenton,
I now have a 16V distibutor to play with.

Now this unit reportedly spews oil like a coed giving her first blowjob
(sorry ladies this stuff just comes out) ehmmmmm.

Anyway, everyone says that there is no way to refurbish the 16V distibutor
but that's gotta be a crock of you know what.  Have any of you die hard do
it yourselfers ever taken one apart and fixed it???

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX