Re: Cheap upgrades...

Corey,

    Ah, the heat shield.  Apparently my mechanic was just as annoyed with the rattling as I was.  After the third bead cracked loose, he took it off completely.  If you do this, make sure you're not parking over long, dried grass or something equally flammable.

-Brad

"Bonnie E. Muscavitz" wrote:

 Hi all!  I have an 88 16v rocco that is in good mechanical, and great cosmetic shape.  It's basically stock, and i was wondering how i could kinda beef it up a little without spending too much cash.  I was mostly wondering about engine performance upgrades that i could do myself.  Also, does anybody have a short shift kit?  If you do, i was wondering if it is really worth the $85 or so, and also are they easy to install?  Does anyone have/had any problems witht the sheild on the catalytic coverter vibrating and making a really annoying rattling noise at about 1100 rpm?  If so, any remedies??thanx all,corey m.