Re: Rear disc conversion a big success

All of the brake "hard parts"--rotors, calipers, carriers, and stub axles--all
came off of an '87 GTI 16V that I had purchased as a parts car a while back.
I then purchased seal kits for the calipers.  Hint: the dealer wanted
about $40 a piece for these kits, I got them for about $10 a piece
from a parts warehouse called Metrix (my dad located them for
me).  I then bought two new Scirocco 16V e-brake cables.  They fit
right into place, no mods and no changing of the handle inside.
That was it for the parts. It was a surprisingly simple upgrade.