adventures in timing

I don't know if that last post I sent made it to the list as I have not
gotten and mail from it in 2 days but I fixed my valve timing and wow what a
difference!  Now I need to break down and get out the timing light!  I have a
sort of bad knock and o think the timing is to far advanced.  Also will the
knock sensors from the 2.0 motronic system work with the cis-e jetronic
brains I am using and will it damage a knock sensor if it has been over
torqued once then set to the right torque?  Today's project is to install my
limited slip kit from Velocity and new brake pads from the same.